Tim Burton

Tim Burton
I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Journal Response #17

An Issue that always makes me fill with enragement is, over protective parents. Parents are always controlling their children's lives even towards adulthood. Many teens,are not allowed to date or choose a college they would like to go to, without their parents consent. I have various friends who cannot do anything outside of school, because their parents believe that they will do something mischievous. They may not be vicious children, but they are under the impression that they will be. Even I am an over protective child. My parents set a time limit on what time I can go out, to when I have to return. This is why teens run away from home because parents enclose them too much. Teens are on the path of becoming adults and they want to open their minds on the world, so they can learn on their own. If a teen fails they can get back on their feet and dust themselves off without their parents assistance. We are adults, we need equality and freedom. This is why parents need to STOP the over protectiveness, for how will we ever learn the enlightenment of life if one is not able to let go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment