Tim Burton

Tim Burton
I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Journal Response #11

One question I would like to be asked by a University is, what nationally do you see yourself most as, and how do you define yourself? I view myself as an Italian, because I am a proud spirited risk taker who has a heart as strong as a bull. In various colleges, I encounter with people who are in clubs mainly for people who are either African American or Mexican. And I ask myself, where are the noble Italians who have work for centuries to put themselves forward in hard situations? Yes, I may be Mexican as well and that will never change. But other than states like New York or Chicago you don't see many Italians in costal colleges. When I roam down the streets, people only view me as a Mexican/American and never view my ethnicity as anything else. As I walk into pizzerias and see that the stereotypical man who works their is an Italian, it enrages me that its where I mainly see my people. Today I say, ABBASTANZA! I am, an Italian woman who wants to see more of it's culture in Universities as a one whole, one soul group.

No comments:

Post a Comment