Tim Burton

Tim Burton
I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Journal Response #16

About five months ago I had took a risk on taking an AP course. My decision was clear, but I didn't know how much work and effort I had placed myself in. For years, the subject had been smooth sailing for me. I had only gotten A's the lowest a B, so I had walked into the course believing it would be just as easy. With a misunderstanding with my councilor, I was behind three weeks on the material than my fellow classmates. Everyone else being aware what the teacher was talking about except myself. Probably the fly that hovered over a plant across from my desk, may have understood the work more then I. Yet, for some crazy reason I stayed, knowing fully that I would stress out on the test, knowing that I could not read the teachers hand writing I stayed. Knowing that if I failed this course I wouldn't be able to graduate with my class. I TOOK A RISK! And it only helped me relies that I wasn't able to change myself over night. I still have trouble remembering certain words, I still stress over test, but I discipline myself when I get a low score. The risk was worth it though, I learned how much matters change for the better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment